Letter to Parents/Guardians/Caregivers – COVID-19 Case(s) in the School
This letter is to notify you that [a] student[s] and/or staff member[s] at Goodman-Armstrong Creek School District has tested positive for COVID-19. We are actively working with the local County Health Departments to quickly identify, notify, and quarantine any students or staff who may have come into close contact with them and who may be at risk of getting sick. We are also cleaning and disinfecting the school to control the spread of illness.
At this time our schools will remain open until circumstances warrant closing. Due to privacy expectations and confidentiality laws the names of the individuals will not be released to the public. Should you wish to make contact with the local County Health Department please use the following numbers: Forest County: 715-478-3371; Marinette County: 715-251-4769.
About COVID-19: COVID-19 is an illness caused by a new coronavirus. It spreads from person to person through droplets created when we cough, sneeze, talk, sing or laugh. Most people, especially young people, who get COVID- 19, have mild illness, similar to having a cold or the flu. However, in others it can cause severe illness, such as pneumonia. Symptoms of COVID-19 may include the following:
• Fever (temperature 100.4°F or higher)
• Trouble breathing
• Muscle/body aches
• Loss of sense of taste or smell
• Runny nose or nasal congestion
• Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
The CDC’s website has good information about COVID-19: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
Prevent Further Spread: The following guidelines will help to prevent further spread of illness at our school:
• Notify the school if your child is diagnosed with COVID-19.
• Notify the school if your child had contact with someone who you know was diagnosed with COVID-19.
• Keep students home from school if they are sick.
• Encourage good habits: frequent handwashing, covering coughs and sneezes, use of face coverings in public, and staying home as much as possible.
If you have any questions, please call Steven M. Bloom, District Administrator/Principal, at 715-336-2575, ext. 203.